Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Managing the impact our hotels have on the environment and community.
WHO WE ARE
Our ESG framework outlines the impact we want to have environmentally and socially, and how we plan to conduct ourselves as a business to support these goals. People are at the heart of all we do, so we're committed to ensuring we have the best environments and facilitate a positive lifestyle inside and outside of work.
ESG Policy Request
To request your copy of our full ESG policy, please fill in your details below.
WHAT WE DO
At M&T, we recognise that our industry and work may have a direct or indirect effect on the local, regional and global environment. That's why we're so committed to reducing any harmful environmental effects and in working with reputable associations, we implement best environmental practices wherever possible. We'll always encourage our employees, suppliers, and guests to be environmentally aware through initiatives such as recycling and energy efficiency.
To help us deliver our commitment, we launched NRG: an eco-aware initiative focused on delivering energy-saving efforts daily through our on-property NRG Champions.
This commitment is in respect of our guests, team members, and the local and wider communities in the hotels we operate. We hold the people we work with dear to us and want to ensure we champion initiatives that better their work/life balance. Our Corporate Social Responsibility action plan is based on the following principles:
- This policy is supported by the M&T senior management team. The hotels' General Managers are responsible for the implementation of the policy standards.
- The senior management team analyse, consider and develop opportunities which may arise on a regular basis.
- There is full compliance with relevant environmental, health and safety and employment legislation. We have areas of focus that form the basis of our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy: Looking after Team Members it is vital to maintain an excellent working environment to retain loyal and productive Team Members.
Establishing sound and reliable governance practices is integral for our Company. It is imperative to always focus on efficiency in risk management, the development of an effective control environment and delivery of strategic goals to meet the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Board of Directors Committees
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Organisational Hierarchy
- Transparency and Accountability
- Monitoring and Internal Control
- Financial Integrity
Policies and procedures
Our ESG policy will form part of a business starter pack you receive from us once we begin working together.
The best relationships start with a simple "Hello". Feel free to call us anytime.